updated on: July 13, 2017
Pet-Friendly Accommodations In Sault Ste. Marie
You don't have to leave your pet at home when travelling to Sault Ste. Marie—the city welcomes them with open arms! Extra fees may apply, but they're worth it right!
Pets are part of the family, and being able to bring them on trips makes travelling all the more fun. The following is a list of accomodations that welcome our furry friends. If we've missed your business and you'd like to be added to the list, drop us a line!
Lodges/Chalets & Villas
The Strathclair Dog Park is located at 962 Second Line East—take the entrance to the Sault Ste. Marie Humane Society.
The park consists of 3.5 acres of fenced in land, divided into two designated areas - one area for small dogs (25 lbs. and under) and one for large dogs.
A double gate feature is located at the entrance which acts as a holding area before entering to ensure no dogs are off-leash outside of the park.
Hours of Operation
- Open during daylight hours (dawn to dusk).
Rules and Regulations
- Use at your own risk.
- Owners are legally responsible for the actions and behaviours of their dog(s) at all times.
- Owners are subject to the Ontario Dog Owners' Liability Act and are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog(s).
- Dogs must be licenced and vaccinated with appropriate tag on their collar.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up immediately. Bags are available on site.
- Handlers must be within the dog park supervising their dog(s) at all times with leash readily available.
- Handlers must stop dogs from digging and are responsible for filling holes.
- Limit of three dogs per handler.
- All handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
- All children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Aggressive dogs must be leashed and removed immediately.
- No choke, spike, chain or pin collars allowed.
- Dogs in heat, sick dogs, aggressive dogs, and puppies under three months are prohibited from using the facility.
- Food and dog treats of any kind should not be present within the park grounds.
- Smoking is prohibited.
The City of Sault Ste. Marie is not responsible for the behaviour of any dog.
Information above regarding Strathclair Dog Park is referenced from The City of Sault Ste. Marie.