What are the top things to do in Ontario's Sunset Country?
That's not an easy question to answer! There are so many great things to do. However, with 70,000 lakes and rivers, I'd bet some of your activities will be water or outdoor based. Try out some of these amazing adventures:
- Fishing - No matter who you speak to, when talking about freshwater fishing in Canada, Ontario's Sunset Country is the top of everyone's mind.
- Fly-in Adventures - Fly into your next cabin rental in Northwest Ontario! A float plane will fly you into a remote outpost cabin or a full-service lodge.
- Wilderness Camping - Choose between a Provincial Park or one of the many private lakeside campgrounds.
- Houseboat Rentals - Plan your next family vacation or fishing trip aboard a floating lodge.
- Hunting - Sunset Country is located in the boreal forest that is loaded with big game. Hunt for moose, black bear, deer, wolves or small game like grouse, ducks and geese.
- Canoe Trips - Whether you take a multi-day canoe trip into Quetico, Wabakimi or Woodland Caribou or a day trip on one of the many lakes, you'll experience one of the most scenic, remote, and inspiring canoe trips you'll ever take.
- Canadian Shore Lunch - There's not much better than freshly caught walleye, some fried potatoes and maybe some beans and corn on the side, eaten right next to a beautiful lake with a loon calling out in the distance.
- Northern Lights - Until you've seen the northern lights, it's actually hard to believe they exist. The sky lights up with blue, green and purple hues which dance the night away.
- Wildlife Viewing - Keep an eye out and camera ready for moose, bear, deer, eagles, loons, foxes, lynx, pelicans, owls and more.
- Winter Adventures - Go ice fishing, snowmobiling, skiing, snowshoeing!