The 2019 ASPA Trail Guide is printed and ready for order! The guide includes the entire trail system, staging areas and a wide variety of sled friendly accommodations, fuel and repair stops, restaurants and more. Order a free map at www.sledalgoma.com to starting planning your trip now!
2019 Trail Openings
- For regular trail updates, check out the OFSC Interactive Map: https://trails.evouala.com/ofsc/
2019 Trail Connections
- Sled Connections North and West: ASPA has expanded to include White River and Marathon. North connections show the trails from Dubreuilville to Hornepayne up to Hearst. Full details on the 2019 ASPA Trails Guide.
- Ice crossings are noted for D201F and off D Trail towards Garden River. Please check local ice conditions before attempting to cross. Phone (705) 356-5757.
- Reminder: There's a connector between Chapleau and Halfway Haven. It's trail C101D. Now you can plan your loop ride on our Northern Trails!
-Sled Connections to the North and West trails are now included as an insert on the ASPA Trail Guides. You can order Northern Corridor's Trail Guies here: www.northerncorridor.ca
2019 Trail Closures
- F Trail from Missanabie to Chapleau is closed this season.
2019 Ontario Snowmobile Permits
Buy your Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permits online: www.ofsc.on.ca
- Multi-day (minimum 2 consecutive day purchase)
- Long Track Rentals: Jones Power Sports in Wawa sled rentals. Visit www.jonespowersports.com
- Snowmobile Rentals: Mountainview Lodge in Searchmont offers daily and weekend rentals (includes D.O.T helmet and full tank of gas) Visit: mountainviewlodge.ca
Ice Thickness Safety Chart
It's very important to know the thickness of ice before crossing by snowmobile, or ice fishing. Below is a chart by the Dept of Natural Resources that will help you out this winter.
Try Our Trails
February 2 & 3, 2019
Try Our Trails and enjoy two days of permit-free snowmobiling.
Wawa Snow Down
February 16 & 17, 2019
The weekend snowmobile rally consists of on-trail/off-trail loops where you play games, collect points, take photos/video with opportunities to win cool prizes. Fun for the whole family
Snowarama for Easter Seals Kids - Sault Ste. Marie
A fun-filled day of riding with family and friends on 160km of groomed trails. Riders can participate with a minimum $25 donationa but to get all the great incentives, fundraise a minimum of $100 (12 - 25 yrs old) or $150 (26 yrs old and up) and you'll qualify for: free breakfast and lunch, gas top-up (up to $25), trail day pass. Children 12 and under eat free and ride with their parents (an additional $20/child plus the $150). Participants are eligible to win great prizes too!
Driver Training Courses
Register Your Child for Driving Training Course
Date: November 17, 2018
Location: Elliot Lake Snowbirds Clubhouse
How to Register: phone Kathleen 705-848-4620
Course Fee: $40 per child
Criteria: Must by 12 years old by course date
Register Your Child for The OFSC Driver Training Course
Dates: October 19, 20, 21, 2018
Location: Toronto International Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show at the International Centre
How to Register: phone 705-739-5005 or online click here
Course Fee: $40.00 (lunch option available)
Criteria: students must be 12 years of age or older to receive a Motorized Snow Vehicle Operator's License
Important to Note: Bring Student Identification (i.e. birth certificate or photo health card) to verify age, Lunch plan menu completed if selected, Release Sign Off for photos or filming
Deadline: October 12, 2018
Ontario snowmobiling at sport shows
Snowmobile USA - Milwaukee, WI - Oct 12 - 14 2018
Visit the Wawa Motor Inn to pick up a 2018 ASPA Trail Guide, information about staying at the Wawa Motor Inn, Boondocking and more.
Toronto International Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show - Oct 19 - 21 2019
Visit the Wawa Motor Inn, Top Secret Boondocking and the ASPA booth for 2018 ASPA Trail Guides, area information, Boondocking and more!
Snowmobile USA - Novi, MI - Nov 2 - 4 2018
Visit the Wawa Motor Inn, Top Secret Boondocking and Algoma Country for 2018 ASPA Trail Guides, Algoma Travel Guides, Boondocking and more!
Have more questions? Call the ASPA Trail office phone 705-356-5757 or visit www.algomatrails.com
Blind River Sno-Riders 705-356-4961
Bruce Mines SnoGlyders 705-356-4961
Dubreuilville Alouettes 705-884-2909
Chapleau Arctic Watershed Snowmobile Club
Echo Bay Snow Falcons 705-736-1083 or 705-736-1263
Elliot Lake Snowbirds 705-848-4620
Iron Bridge Night Hawks 705-843-2514
Marathon Sno-Kickers 807-228-0010
Sault Trailblazers 705-759-0023
Spanish River Snowmobile Club 705-869-8193
St. Joseph Island Voyageurs 705-542-1195
Wawa SnoRiders 1-800-367-9292
Northern Corridor du Nord 705-335-2110