The 2018 ASPA Trail Guide is printed and ready for order! The guide includes the entire trail system, staging areas and a wide variety of sled friendly accommodations, fuel and repair stops, restaurants and more. Order a free map at www.sledalgoma.com to starting planning your trip now!
2018 Trail Openings
- For regular trail updates, check out the OFSC Interactive Map: https://trails.evouala.com/ofsc/
2018 Trail Connections
- Sled Connections North and West: ASPA has expanded to include White River and Marathon. North connections show the trails from Dubreuilville to Hornepayne up to Hearst. Full details on the 2018 ASPA Trails Guide.
- Ice crossings are noted for D201F and off D Trail towards Garden River. Please check local ice conditions before attempting to cross. Phone (705) 356-5757.
- Reminder: There's a connector between Chapleau and Halfway Haven. It's trail C101D. Now you can plan your loop ride on our Northern Trails!
-Construction on the Garden River Bridge is done and can be used this season.
-Sled Connections to the North and West trails are now included as an insert on the ASPa Trail Guides. You can order Northern Corridor's Trail Guies here: www.northerncorridor.ca
2018 Trail Closures
- F Trail from Missanabie to Chapleau is closed this season.
2018 New Park n' rides
- Swipe, Pump & Go - Gas Station, Marathon
- Continental Motel, White River
2018 Ontario Snowmobile Permits
Buy your Ontario Snowmobile Trail Permits online: www.ofsc.on.ca
- Multi-day (minimum 2-day purchase)
- Long Track Rentals: Jones Power Sports in Wawa offers long-track sleds rentals. Visit www.jonespowersports.com
- Snowmobile Rentals: Mountainview Lodge in Searchmont offers daily and weekend rentals (includes D.O.T helmet and full tank of gas) Visit: mountainviewlodge.ca
Top Secret Boondocking
Powder Riding in Ontario: The first powder riding playground in Algoma is located in Wawa. You can learn how to access all the secret details at: topsecretboondocking.com
Ice Thickness Safety Chart
It's very important to know the thickness of ice before crossing by snowmobile, or ice fishing. Below is a chart by the Dept of Natural Resources that will help you out this winter.
Family Day Weekend
February 17 to 19, 2018
Try Our Trails on Ontario's Family Day Weekend and enjoy three days of permit-free snowmobiling.
Wawa Snow Down
February 15 - 20, 2018
The weekend snowmobile rally consists of on-trail/off-trail loops where you play games, collect points, take photos/video with opportunities to win cool prizes. Fun for the whole family
Snowarama for Easter Seals Kids - Sault Ste. Marie
February 10, 2018
A fun-filled day of riding with family and friends on 160km of groomed trails. Riders can participate with a minimum $25 donationa but to get all the great incentives, fundraise a minimum of $100 (12 - 25 yrs old) or $150 (26 yrs old and up) and you'll qualify for: free breakfast and lunch, gas top-up (up to $25), trail day pass. Children 12 and under eat free and ride with their parents (an additional $20/child plus the $150). Participants are eligible to win great prizes too!
Driver Training Courses
December 9, 2017 from 9am - 4pm
Sno-Glyders Clubhouse, 19 Railway Crescent, Bruce Mines
Students 12 years and up
Bring your own lunch.
Register by phone (705) 257-7639
January 27, 2018
Elliot Lake Snowbirds Club, Elliot Lake
Please call for more details: (705) 848-4620
Ontario snowmobiling at sport shows
Snowmobile USA - Milwaukee, WI - Oct 13 - 15 2017
Visit the Wawa Motor Inn to pick up a 2018 ASPA Trail Guide, information about staying at the Wawa Motor Inn, Boondocking and more.
Toronto International Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show - Oct 20 - 22 2017
Visit the Wawa Motor Inn, Top Secret Boondocking and the ASPA booth for 2018 ASPA Trail Guides, area information, Boondocking and more!
Snowmobile USA - Novi, MI - Nov 3 - 5 2017
Visit the Wawa Motor Inn, Top Secret Boondocking and Algoma Country for 2018 ASPA Trail Guides, Algoma Travel Guides, Boondocking and more!
Have more questions? Call the ASPA Trail office phone (705) 356-5757 or visit www.algomatrails.com
Blind River Sno-Riders (705) 356-4961
Bruce Mines SnoGlyders (705) 356-4961
Dubreuilville Alouettes (705) 884-2909
Echo Bay Snow Falcons (705) 736-1083 or (705) 736-1263
Elliot Lake Snowbirds (705) 848-4620
Iron Bridge Night Hawks (705) 843-2514
Marathon Sno-Kickers (807) 228-0010
Sault Trailblazers 705-759-0023
Spanish River Snowmobile Club 705-869-8193
St. Joseph Island Voyageurs (705) 542-1195
Wawa SnoRiders 1-800-367-9292
Northern Corridor du Nord (705) 335-2110