On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer, and Vixen.
On Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen!
But do you recall... the toughest question of all?
WHAT DISH TO MAKE FOR THE CHRISTMAS PARTY?
Christmas gatherings are the heart of the holiday season. Seeing friends and family, sharing stories, and looking back on the year you had while eating the best foods and sipping the best Christmas drinks is what it’s all about. It seems that though year after year you are stuck eating and drinking the same ol’ things. This year I have talked with our Algoma Country elves to list a few recipes that will be sure to win over your party guests. Whether you're heading home to Algoma for the holidays or passing through on your way, from appetizers to drinks, these locally sourced main ingredients will help guarantee you a spot on Santa's nice list.
Sayers Fishery Lake Trout Pate
- 1lb Sayers Fishery Smoked Lake Trout
- 3oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tbs horseradish sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tsp minced fresh parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vegetables or Assorted Crackers to dip
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth
- Chill overnight
Algoma Highlands Blueberry Brie
- 1 Wheel of Brie
- 1 Cup Algoma Highlands Frozen Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Tsp lemon zest
- French baguette slices, crackers or other fruit slices for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off the top of the brie wheel and place on a parchment paper-lined baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the center is soft.
- Combine Algoma Highland blueberries, honey, water, and lemon zest in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour over the baked brie and serve
Loon Vodka Cranberry Spritzer
- 1oz of Rheault Distillery Loon Vodka
- ½ cup of Cranberry Juice
- 0.5 oz of Lime Juice
- 1 Cup of Ice
- Splash of Sparkling Water
- Mix together Rheault Distillery Loon vodka, cranberry and lime juice and stir.
- Add ice and lime slices to glass and pour the liquid over top. Add the desired amount of sparkling water.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries.
Pearce Farm Honey Sriracha Glazed Chicken Bites
- ½ cup of Pearce Farm Honey
- 2 Tbs Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ½ tsp dried ground ginger
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil Spray
- Shallots to garnish
- Whisk together Pearce Farm honey, sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast into strips, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan cooking for about 7 minutes.
- Pour in the prepared sauce and raise the heat to high, tossing the chicken in the sauce.
- Continue to cook and toss chicken until the sauce is bubbly, thick, and darkened.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with serving sticks.
Penokean Beef Sliders:
- 1lb of Penokean Hills Premium Pea-Barley Finished Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ Cup of Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 Small Onion, grated
- 1 Tbs of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ Tsp of Salt
- ½ Tsp of Pepper
- 1 Package of slider buns
- Combine egg and water in a mixing bowl before adding breadcrumbs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix in Penokean Hill Farms beef
- Shape into 3-inch-wide patties.
- Place patties on a greased grill flipping once, for about 10 minutes, or no longer pink on the inside.
- Add desired fixings and serve.
Now that your mouth is watering, grab your apron and hit the kitchen. From Santa’s elves at Algoma Country, have a very Merry Christmas!