Ontario encourages everyone to travel safely during this time and to follow public health guidelines. It is important to practice physical distancing, frequent hand washing, and the wearing of a non-medical face covering where required or where physical distancing is a challenge.
Try this aromatic, delicious, Middle Eastern-inspired recipe from Black Angus Fine Meats & Game.
- 1 pound ground venison
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 whole finger chili, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing the grill
- Flat bread, for serving (optional)
1. Mix the venison, onion, garlic, parsley, mint, coriander, cumin, chili salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
2. Divide the mixture into 6 roughly even balls. Mold each ball around the pointed end of a skewer, making an oval kebab that comes to a point just covering the tip of the skewer. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 minutes before threading them.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat or prepare a grill. Brush the pan lightly with olive oil. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until brown all over and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve with tzatziki sauce, flat bread and a nice salad. Enjoy!