ctrl down video player instagram facebook youtube pinterest twitter Home Menu Where Am I? Subscribe Popular
Northern Ontario Travel
The Official Magazine
Home > Experience > Snowmobiling

Where Are You Going Sledding This Year?—Ontario or the US

Image credit

Where Are You Going Sledding This Year?—Ontario or the US

Hitting the trails in Northeastern Ontario • Credit: Virgil Knapp



Safely discover Ontario when the time is right. For the most up-to-date information on where and when it is safe to travel please visit: covid-19.ontario.ca.

Do your part by following public health advice. It is important to wear a face mask or covering, practice physical distancing, and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.

Winter is here! After a slow start, the 2015-16 Ontario snowmobile season is underway!

Hundreds of club volunteers across the province have tirelessly been preparing for months and now, each night while us sledheads are dreaming of the adventures we'll soon be taking, groomer operators are out there making it possible by getting the 30,000+km of trails ready. 

While we were waiting for the snow, we ran a poll to get an idea of where our readers are planning to ride this winter. 

The results are in and it seems that we know where it's at!

85% of respondents will be taking to the trails in Ontario while the other 15% will be looking for fun south of the border. 

While a great percentage of the people who frequent this site are living in Ontario we also understand that the exchange rate is encouraging a lot of curious U.S. sledders to trailer north for their sled vacations this year. And why not? Saving on gas, no crowds, great scenery and an ever growing number of memory-making self-guided snowmobile loops to choose from, it's no wonder that sledders everywhere are heading to Ontario's snow trails.

snowmobiling in explorers edge

If you haven't already, get in touch with one of the top-notch snowmobile-friendly destinations and book your winter getaway adventure now! 

Discover Your True North
Northern Ontario Welcomes You .... We're Closer Than You Think

Featured articles

X