Imagine a place with nearly limitless interconnected waterways. Where thousands of rivers, locks, and lakes combine to create a world-class boating experience—with world-class scenery, too. Sail through the 1000 Islands, past pink quartzite cliffs in Georgian Bay, and alongside the landscapes that inspired Canada's Group of Seven artists. With well-appointed marinas, municipal docks, waterfront restaurants and lodgings, as well as remote lakes where you can truly get an off-the-grid experience, Northern Ontario is the perfect place for boaters.
- Top 10 Places to Go Boating in Ontario
- Boating in Ontario by Region
- All Major Waterways in Ontario
- Renting a Boat in Ontario—What You Need to Know and Who Can Help
- Before You Get Out on the Water—Boat Licensing and Insurance
- Top 5 Watersports Schools in Ontario
This is Ontario, a playground for cruisers, day-trippers, and personal watercraft.