Here’s a quick and easy no fuss recipe to fully enjoy Ontario's magnificent fall colours.
You'll need the following:
- A mountain bike: rentals are available at Algonquin Outfitters Lake of Two Rivers Store
- A trail - pick one:
Old Railway Bike Trail – a great family 10 km bicycle trail that mostly follows the abandoned bed of the historic Ottawa, Arnprior and Parry Sound Railway, built across the Park in 1895.
Minnesing Mountain Bike Trail – moderately difficult trail with 4 loops ranging from 4.7 to 23.4 km.
- Select a few of your favourite friends or family members.
- Pick a date in September or early October.
- Make sure all ingredients are available (i.e. accommodation, Treetop aerial park). No reservations are required for mountain bike rentals.
- Head to Muskoka/Algonquin Provincial Park for a 2-day adventure.
CAUTION: This recipe may be addictive.