Reaching over our hundreds of thousands of lakes and rivers, and historically connecting the Indigenous, English and French cultures, the canoe grounds us in the land and in Canadian history.
It's time to do the things you have been dreaming about. It doesn't matter what you choose—just get out and explore. Plan your Ontario adventure now and follow us on Facebook for the latest travel inspiration.
THINGS TO DO
- 11 Bucket List Paddling Events In Ontario
- Ontario's Best Paddling Rivers
- Where To Take Your Dog Canoeing
- Retire In These Paddling Paradises
- Glamping for Pampered Paddlers
TRIPS & ITINERARIES
- 11 Best Day-Tripping River Adventures In Ontario
- 13 Best Lake Huron Beaches
- Paddling the French River - A Canadian Heritage River
- Take A Whitewater Canoe Trip On The Spanish River
- Top SUP Destinations On Lake Superior
- Take A Train-In Canoe Adventure To Wabakimi Provincial Park
- Sea Kayaking Lake Superior Provincial Park
- Magnetawan River Ontario Canoe Trip
FACTS & PLANNING
Watch this trailer for the evocative documentary film that captures the human connection and the remarkable bond created by Canada's well-known craft and national symbol, the canoe. It explores how the canoe can be a vessel for creating deep and meaningful connections. It is a true reflection of what the Canadian Canoe Culture looks like today. Watch the full documentary here.
Today, the experience has expanded beyond the canoe to encompass various forms of paddling. Connecting the beauty of our landscapes with physical exercise and spiritual well-being, there's nothing more Canadian than exploring by paddle. And here in Ontario, there's so much to explore. Find great paddling adventures.