With more than sixty-six percent of its terrain covered in forests and over half a million lakes and waterways, Ontario is a paddler's paradise.
Its provincial and national parks with their endless lakes, rivers, hills and wonderful landscapes offer endless opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding and rafting.
Even better, many of these amazing waterways are just a short drive from urban centres, making them perfect for day trips or spontaneous weekend camping or lodge getaways.
It's time to do the things you have been dreaming about. It doesn't matter what you choose—just get out and explore. Plan your Ontario adventure now.
THINGS TO DO
- Ontario's Best Paddling Rivers
- Where To Take Your Dog Canoeing
- Retire In These Paddling Paradises
- Glamping for Pampered Paddlers
TRIPS & ITINERARIES
- 11 Best Day-Tripping River Adventures In Ontario
- 13 Best Lake Huron Beaches
- Paddling the French River - A Canadian Heritage River
- Take A Whitewater Canoe Trip On The Spanish River
- Top SUP Destinations On Lake Superior
- Take A Train-In Canoe Adventure To Wabakimi Provincial Park
- Sea Kayaking Lake Superior Provincial Park
- Magnetawan River Ontario Canoe Trip
FACTS & PLANNING
Watch this trailer for the evocative documentary film that captures the human connection and the remarkable bond created by Canada's well-known craft and national symbol, the canoe. It explores how the canoe can be a vessel for creating deep and meaningful connections. It is a true reflection of what the Canadian Canoe Culture looks like today. Watch the full documentary here.
Today, the experience has expanded beyond the canoe to encompass various forms of paddling. Connecting the beauty of our landscapes with physical exercise and spiritual well-being, there's nothing more Canadian than exploring by paddle. And here in Ontario, there's so much to explore. Find great paddling adventures.