Sunset Country is called that for a reason. It's the home of some of the best, most beautiful sunsets in the world. With wide open skies, and plenty of lakes to reflect the gorgeous late evening light, it's the perfect place to relax, take some photos, and enjoy everything the region has to offer. Here are some of the best sunsets we've ever seen.
1. This sunset was taken over a frozen Lake of the Woods in Kenora. Take with an iPhone, it captures a great winter sunset. Winter sunsets can be just as nice as the summer ones.
2. This stunning photo of a sunset makes the sky look on fire. Such beauty!
3. While this popular photo was posted in March, it's actually a summer sunset. Sometimes we need to dream of the hot summer evenings.
4. This silhouette of a fisherman was taken on the south end of Lake of the Woods at Harris Hill Resort.
6. The clouds make for a beautiful reflection on this lake in Minaki
9. Tom LaRock, a guest of Pickerel Arm Camp took this photo at their Fawcett Lake outpost.
11. Ryan Zdrill photographed this stunning sunset at Laughing Water Lodge on Lake of the Woods. The colours are simply amazing.
12. This is actually a sunrise, not a sunset on Wabaskang Lake. The lucky guests at Peffley's Canadian Wilderness Camp were treated to this great sight first thing in the morning.
13. The Blueberry Festival in August is jammed packed with over 100 events and keeps Sioux Lookout bustling for days. At the end of the busy day it sure is nice to sit back and enjoy a sunset like this.
15. This incredible shot was photographed on the backside of the island at Rowan Lake. Spectacular!
16. Everyone should spend at least one night watching the sunset over the water. With 70,000 lakes and rivers, it's not hard to do in Northwest Ontario. Thanks to Ignace Outposts for this image.
17. Have you driven over the Sioux Narrows bridge? It's a great view at any time, but this sunset image that Karen Kearney-Andrews took is fabulous.
19. We were treated to an exceptional sunset in October in Kenora. By the time I turned the car around and got out to take the picture, it was a little too late, however, it still is a good sunset photo. It was like the sky was on fire. This sunset photo was taken at the Discovery Centre in Kenora overlooking Lake of the Woods.
20. While we shared this photo of Crow Rock Lodge in November, as you can tell by the open water, it's a summer photo. We need some summer memories to keep us warm in the winter.
21. Red Lake Outfitters sent in this photo of Red Lake beginning to freeze in Mid-November.
22. We are lucky that our office parking is right on the Harbourfront in Kenora, giving us the opportunity to see many winter sunsets. In the photo below you can see the MS Kenora frozen into Lake of the Woods waiting for open water in the spring.
These 23 sunset photos give you an idea of just how spectacular our evenings are. I invite you to like Ontario's Sunset Country on Facebook to see more beautiful photos and get updates on what's going on in our region.