What better way to eat, than at a locally owned North Bay restaurant? Many of the independently owned restaurants in the area use locally sourced ingredients, and add their in-house flair to evey meal.
We spoke to Sean Feretycki
, a local food lover, to get the scoop on the best locally owned restaurants to try in North Bay. Here are some of his candid recommendations:
Quick, Casual & To-Go
(pictured above)- Everything is made in-house, with locally sourced ingredients. Full menu of healthy choices, lots of gluten-free options, amazing smoothies, and great coffee.
The Cedar Tree
- Nice mix of lebanese food including shawarma, donair, spinach pie, and of course garlic sauce. Roger, the owner, always takes time to say hello.
Greco's on Algonquin
- Arguably the best pizza in town. Lots of toppings, soft crust, perfectly cooked. Good pasta and subs too. Try the Italian Sausage Sub.
- It's basically soups, sandwiches and salads, but done right. Soups, classic sandwiches, and creative twists on the sandwich are made in-house.
- Italian classics, great coffee, and amazing gelato that you can grab and go or enjoy on their street patio!
Sit Down & Savour
(pictured above) - You'll love the atmosphere, seeing the chef cooking right in front of you, and the Orage Roughy is spectacular. So buttery, soft and tender.
- This is an elegant experience with great food, and extensive wine and scotch lists.
White Owl Bistro
- It doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you're inside, it truly delivers. The owners work with local farmers to source the best ingredients.
Dave's Green Papaya
- Delicious thai, and chinese food in a new location that's great for gathering.
Pints & Pub Fare
Raven and Republic
(pictured above) - They have a strong locally sourced menu, with one of the most unique rolling beer lists in town. They bring in a great mix of local & craft beer.
- Best place for beer, wings & sports. Great if you're looking to catch a hockey game.